- About the Lab
- Research Focus
- Current Research
- Community Outreach & Education
Dr. Tommy S. Parker
University of Memphis, B.S., Organismal Biology, 1996
University of Memphis, M.S., Zoology, 1999
University of Missouri, Ph.D., Wildlife Ecology, 2006
Sport fishing, fly fishing, hunting, hiking, exercising, and oh yeah...fishing.
- Warren, P.S., C. Tripler, D. Bolger, S. Faeth, N. Huntly, C. Lepczky, J. Meyer, T. Parker, E. Shochat, and J. Walker. 2006. Urban food webs: predators, prey, and the people who feed them. Ecological Bulletin 87(4): 387-393.
- Parker, T.S. and C. Nilon. 2008. Gray squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis) density, habitat suitability, and behavior in urban parks. Urban Ecosystems 11:243-255.
- Parker, T.S. 2010. Habitat assessments of permanent bat echolocation survey transects throughout Region 9 (Eastern Region). Gen. Tech. Rep. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture. 124p.
- Parker, T.S. and C. Nilon. 2012. Urban landscape characteristics correlated with the synurbization of wildlife. Landscape and Urban Planning, 106:316-325.
- Parker, T.S., W. Persons, J. G. Bradley, M. Gregg, and S. G. 2012. A detachable mobile and adjustable telemetry system. Ecology and Evolution 3(7):1848-1855
- Parker, T.S., Gonzales, S.G., and Nilon, C.H. 2013. Seasonal comparisons of daily activity budgets of gray squirrels in urban areas. Urban Ecosystems (in prep).
- Parker, T.S. 2013. Seasonal food habits of coyote in urban areas. J. of Animals. (in press).
- Parker, T.S. 2013. Does human activity affect wildlife activity in urban settings? Urban Ecosystems (in press).
- Parker, T.S. 2013. Urban wildlife syndrome. Urban Ecosystems (in prep).
- Parker, T.S. 2013 A conceptual framework for the study of wildlife in urban systems. J. Landscape and Urban Planning. (in prep)
- Parker, T.S. 2013. Methods for introducing environmental science to elementary school students. J. of Environmental Sciences and Education. (in prep)
- Parker, T.S. 2013. Racial Identity and environmental knowledge among college students. J. of Environmental Psychology (in prep).
- Parker, T.S. 2013. Environmental stewardship among college students. J. of Environmental Psychology (in prep).
- Wildlife Ecology (UG/G)
- Human Wildlife Interactions (UG)
- Urban Wildlife Behavior (UG/G)
- Urban Wildlife Management (UG/G)
- Urban Ecology (UG/G)
- Mammalogy (UG/G)
- General Ecology (UG)
- Advanced Ecology (UG)
- Biodiversity of Urban Parks (UG/G/WR)
- Scientific Writing (UG/WR)
- Field Techniques (UG/G)
- Environmental Biology (UG)
- Preparing to be a TA (UG)
UG=undergraduate course; G = graduate course; WR = writing intensive course
New & Media
- Dr. Parker named one of the top names to know in Urban Ecology by Scientific American Blogger
- University of Louisville named Tree Campus status by the National Arbor Day Foundation
- UofL researcher studies urban wildlife
- Dr. Parker listed as Outstanding Faculty in UofL diversity report
- Study seeks to understand student motivation to be environmental stewards